Did you know there is ONE website on the internet that can bring you 100% passive income (when used correctly)? This website has 244 MILLION users already. This means you NEVER have to worry about traffic. Ever. Plus, you don’t need a website, experience, and very limited technical know-how… it’s really easy to get started!
Of course, I'm talking about publishing your masterpiece on Amazon as a Kindle and Paperback version. This is a great time to get it done and fulfill your ambition of becoming a published author..
Here are seven good reasons to self-publish on Amazon right now.
According to the latest research...
- The Big Five traditional publishers now account for only 16% of the e-books on Amazon’s bestseller lists. DRM (digital rights management) “harms e-book sales at any price point.”
- Self-published books now represent 31% of e-book sales on Amazon’s Kindle Store.
- Indie (self-published) authors are earning nearly 40% of the e-book dollars going to authors.
- Self-published authors are “dominating traditionally published authors” in sci-fi/fantasy, mystery/thriller, and romance genres but - and here is the surprise - they are also taking “significant market share in all genres.”
- Indie books are now a significant and permanent part of the book publishing landscape.
- Royalties range up to 70% of your listed price.
- Your books are available globally wherever Amazon has a footprint.
Some more facts...
- $2.99 and $3.99 are currently the pricing sweet spots for most e-book bestsellers. In general, authors who price their books modestly earn more than those whose average price is higher, but 99 cents is no longer recommended.
- Readers prefer longer e-books. In fact, bestselling books tend to be over 100,000 words.
- Series books outsell standalone books, although series books under 50,000 words are at a sales disadvantage.
- Free still works as a marketing tool, especially when an author offers the first book in a series for free.
- Pre-orders give authors a sales advantage.
- Non-fiction earns more at higher prices and it is recommended that authors experiment with higher prices.
Publishing your books on this amazing platform is free. Amazon does all the selling and distribution... and sends you the royalties.
Naturally, you need to know HOW to format your book for their sales platform. That is the "tricky" part.
To Your Publishing Success!